Harvest Insurance


Buying or Building a Home?.

We can help. We provide industry leading insurance packages that are custom tailored to your specific needs and competitive rates.

Knowledgeable Expertise

Our customer service representatives have the knowledge and expertise to take the time to explain and find the best insurance product for you. We will explain the difference between a standard, broad, or comprehensive policy.


As your broker, we are here to help you and advocate for you. We will walk you through the claims process and stand behind you until the process is complete.

We Speak Your Language

We offer services in English, Deutsch, Plautdietsch, and Pусский.

House Under Construction

Building a house? Call us for the right homeowners under construction policy to provide you with peace mind.


Looking to save money on your home insurance policy? We shop the markets for you to provide the best value while keeping your unique needs in mind.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I am going away on vacation. Do I need to have someone check my house?

    Most insurance companies will require you to have someone check your house daily if you are away for 4 days or more, during the regular heating season. You may also have the option to shut off your main water supply and drain all water pipes and appliances. Please contact us for more details.

  • What documents or information do I need to bring to the office in order to get insurance?

    To provide a quote we will require information about the particulars of the home, e.g. year built, square footage and how many stories are some examples. We will also need to know your age and if you have a mortgage on the property. These answers will provide us with which discounts you may qualify for.

  • Why does my policy premium increase from year to year?

    Due to inflation costs the rebuilding value of your home also increases each year. Our aspiration is to re-quote your policy every year to provide our clients with the best policy options available while keeping cost in mind.

  • What should I do if I experience a loss to my home or property?

    Do what is necessary to mitigate your loss and prevent further damage by arranging for reasonable temporary repairs as soon as possible. Any occurrence or circumstances that could give rise to a claim must be reported. Contact your insurance agent to file a claim. Keep an accurate record of all temporary repair expenses and other expenses that would be considered for reimbursement. Make a room by room list of what was damaged. Be specific, with brand names and the place and date of purchase. If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected by the claims adjuster.

  • How is my claim/loss settlement evaluated?

    In the event of a loss your insurance company will settle the payout in various forms. Settlement is determined in Actual Cash Value, Replacement Cost or Guaranteed Replacement Cost. Your home will qualify for one of these settlements based on the age and condition of your home, and if you are insured to full rebuilding value. Keep in mind settlements on Mobile Homes are different from other buildings. Please contact our office to review this further. Actual Cash Value means the cost to replace or repair your property considering, depreciation which includes such things as its age, condition, resale value, obsolescence, and normal life expectancy at the time of loss. The value of property usually falls as it ages. Thus, Actual Cash Value is normally lower than the cost to replace your property at today’s prices. Replacement Cost means to repair or replace your property with no depreciation considered. Settlement will be given at the cost to replace your home or contents up to maximum the limit listed on your policy. Guaranteed Replacement Cost means to replace your property regardless of your insured limit. Partial Claim/Loss Settlement: If your policy has Replacement Cost coverage a partial loss will be paid for in full. If your policy is Actual Cash Value or if you are under-insured your claim payout may be subject to depreciation or a percentage reduction.

  • Which deductible is most common?

    Deductibles can vary. Many people will chose a $500.00 deductible while others favor the $1000.00 deductible. Both are good options but you should consider what you feel most comfortable with paying in the event of a loss. If you feel that paying $1000.00 is not something you would be prepared to do a $500.00 deductible may be a better option. At the end of the day it is a personal preference and changes according to each individual.

  • When can sewer back-up coverage be added to your policy?

    Sewer back-up coverage is normally only available to add, change or remove at your policy renewal time.

  • How is the insured value of your home calculated?

    We review all particulars of your home when you first come in to set up coverage. We then take all the information given and enter them into an evaluation system approved by all insurance companies. It is important you contact your insurance agent upon any changes to your home. These changes include but are not limited to; an update to your roof, installation of a wood stove, adding a bathroom or completing your basement. This will enable your insurance company to maintain an accurate description of your home to ensure proper coverage limits are in place.

  • What does your insurance company require of you when installing a wood stove?

    It is now required of most insurance companies to have wood stoves WETT inspected and certified. This inspection will then be submitted to your insurance company and upon their review will be approved or changes may be required. Contact our office if you need assistance in finding a WETT inspector.

  • Why do I need liability?

    Liability on your policy will protect you in the event of bodily harm caused to another person or property damage arising out of your personal actions anywhere in the world. This applies to any actions of a spouse or related child under 21 in your care. e.g. If you left a pot on the stove and started a fire, your liability would pay for damage to the dwelling if you are renting or provide coverage to you if the fire would spread and damage your neighbors’ home. Even though your landlords or neighbors’ insurance company would pay for the damage they do have the right to bill you for the cost of repair.